Pages

Monday, October 30, 2006


A Mile From Sunday~ by Jo Kadlecek

"No guilt in life, no fear in death this is the power of Christ in me. From life's first cry, to final breath Jesus commands my destiny. No power of hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from his hand. Till he returns or calls me home here in the power of Christ I stand"
~From~ In Christ Alone by ~Keith Getty and Stuart Townend

I thought I would change it up a little bit and open with one of my favorite songs. This is the last verse of the song I still gives me chills thinking about all that Jesus has done for me and it is said so eloquently in this song.

A Mile From Sunday is a book I picked up from my latest raid at the local bookstore. I actually had never heard of this author before, but the cover and description of the story peaked my interest so I gave it a shot. This story was about a Religion reporter named Jonna Lightfoot McLaughlin who through mysterious clues and messages finds herself in the middle of a story that could turn out to be "the biggest story of the year". The closer she gets to finding out the truth the more danger she finds herself in. This book was a good read, and a lot different than any story I have read recently. It was nice reading about someone who doesn't have it all together, and is constantly spilling things on her shirts (I can definitely identify with that :) Anyway the sequel is set to come out in April 2007 and I am looking forward to reading the next installment of the story then.

Next on my reading agenda a re-read~A Voice in the Wind~by Francine Rivers

No comments: