Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cooking the Books~ by Bonnie S. Calhoun (review)

Here is my promised review for Cooking the Books.


I must say from the very beginning I was excited about reading this book since it combines two of my favorite things, mysteries and bookstores J.  This book not only delivered on that score but also assembled a quirky cast of characters (Aunt Verline was my favorite) that added a sense of levity to the overall sinister nature of the mystery.  Sloane Templeton, who worked in cyber forensics, is the main character that has taken over her mother’s bookstore after her mom’s sudden death.  One day Sloane begins to receive cyber threats at the store and as things escalate the surprises keep coming culminating in a conclusion that I definitely did not see coming.  I recommend this book to anyone looking for a good mystery; you will not be disappointed.   

1 comment:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Thank you for hosting my book on your blog.