Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2007



Twilight~ by Kristen Heitzmann




"God thunders marvelously with His voice; He does great things which we cannot comprehend."
~Job 37:5
I know I haven't posted what I have been reading for a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading. Don't worry I will spare you the details about why I haven't posted but let's just say that in the passing weeks due to my truly heinous schedule madness has ensued upon my life. Onto the book....
Cal and Laurie were high school sweethearts but their differences kept them from staying together. Laurie wanted nothing more than to leave behind her small town life and all Cal wanted was to stay in the town and become a fireman. Now years later Laurie comes back with her two kids after a discovery shatters the life of wealth and affluence she was a part of after getting married.
Cal once the best firefighter in his town is left with a debilitating fear when a rescue goes wrong. When Laurie returns old feelings start to resurface, but something dangerous followed Laurie. Will Cal be able to conquer his fear and rescue Laurie before it is too late?

I really enjoyed this book. It was suspenseful and an interesting look into the life of a firefighter. It also was interesting to get a peak into what people are willing to do to ensure their comfort. Read it and you will see what I mean.
~Next post First Impressions~ by Debra White Smith