Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2006


Decorating Schemes~ by Ginny Aiken

" You look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother's eye."
~Luke 6:41-42

You may wonder why I have chosen this particular scripture for today, well eyes or should I say eye irritants have been on my mind today. I play cello with a quartet and today we had a wedding gig. To start off the day was very humid so the minute I went outside my hair frizzed up causing me to have a bad hair day, usually the frizz can be somewhat contained if minimal time is spent outside....it was an outdoor wedding. Anyway, since I have the biggest car (Yeah Jeep!) because I have to cart my cello around with me a lot I drove the quartet in my car. My left eye had been feeling a little irritated since I woke up this morning, but it wasn’t that bad so I forgot to pack my glasses in case of emergency (you fellow contacts wearers will understand) that needless to say was baaad move. So as I am driving my eye begins to hurt more and more, and by the time we get there and set up my eye won’t stop watering. There I am playing my cello outside on a plantation with my end pin stuck about an 1 ½ inches deep in the soft ground with my eye leaking like a faucet, but as they say the show must go on. Oh and after playing for 2 hours I got to drive back the hour drive leaky eye and all while everyone else relaxed. Today was a FUN day :(

On the plus side I did manage to finish reading Decorating Schemes in spite of my left eye. This book was the second book of the Deadly Decor Mysteries. And the story was once again very entertaining, there are parts in the book where I laughed out loud and parts where I wanted to cry (not because of my current eye situation). The main character, Haley Farrell, is still dealing with the issues she started to face in the first book Design on a Crime. The book also talks about some other serious subjects that are brought up with the investigation of another mysterious murder. If you enjoyed the first book you should definitely read this one.

Next on my reading agenda~ Altar Call~ by Hope Lyda

No comments: