Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2006



Design on a Crime ~ by Ginny Aiken

"Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forevermore! From the rising of the sun to its going down the Lord's name is to be praised."
~Psalms 113:2-3

Haley Farrell is starting her own interior design business Design $ense. After being recommended by her good friend and mentor Marge Norwalk to a high profile client, Haley feels that she has just the right first client to make her business successful. Her world is turned upside down when Marge is murdered, and she finds herself not only without her friend, but also the prime suspect in her friend's murder investigation. With all suspicions pointed at her she decides that the only way to prove her innocence is to solve the murder herself.

This book is definently more intense than the other mysteries that I have read. It has an excellent message about knowing that God is with you even through there are times when you wonder why certain thing were allowed to happen. The main character Haley no longer believes in God because of an awful thing that happened to her, so along with fighting to prove her innocence she is also fighting the memory of what happened. I definently recommend this book. I just yesterday order the next book in the series Decorating Schemes. I just love Amazon.com. I got the book used for $6.49 and that includes shipping and handling.

I was asked by "Chiero" (in the comments section) if I had read any christian books with a martial arts theme. And actually in Design on a crime both the main charater and the chief investigator on the murder case are martial arts students. So thanks for the comment and the scripture ( it is one of my favorites :) and I hope you enjoy my recommendation.

Next on my reading agenda~ The Last Ten Percent~ by Michelle Mckinney Hammond

No comments: