Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2006


Finding Faith by Denise Hunter

"Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned . But what do You say? This they said testing Him that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote in the ground with his finger, as though He did not hear. So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."
~John 8:5-7

I have to be honest. The first time I attempted to read this book I stopped because I thought it was too sad. But due to a current lack of book buying funds and a delay in a book shipment I decided to give the book another try. I am so glad that I did. Don't get me wrong, the subject matter is very intense and emotional but the writer weaves the story in such a way that once I gave it a chance I couldn't put it down. The story deals with the stories of two women dealing with trust, forgiveness, lies, and the very emotional subject of abortion. So give it a chance I think you will enjoy it.

No comments: