Pages

Friday, January 26, 2007

Central Park~by Debra White Smith


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."


~2 Corinthians 5:17



This book is for all of the Jane Austen fans out there. Central Park is a modern day telling of one of my personal favorite Jane Austen tales Mansfield Park. If you haven't read the book or seen the movie you do that first. I don't think you will be able to fully appreciate the book without a frame of reference. Before the book starts the author lists the Austen characters with the names of the modern day equivalents that she invented for the story. This makes it easy to draw a correlation between both tellings. As for the story line she pretty much sticks to the original keeping all of the essential elements of the story intact. I enjoyed the book a lot. I ordered another book from her Jane Austen series so I will let you know what I think of that one when I get it.


Next on my reading agenda~The Justice~ by Angela Elwell Hunt