Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007


Amanda~ by Debra White Smith

"I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work."

~ Ecclesiastes 3:17


I loved this story. This is another book in Smith's Jane Austen series and this book is based on Emma. For those who don't know Emma is the story of a matchmaker gone wrong. Emma tries to distract her friend Harriet Smith from marrying farmer Robert Martin. Emma thinks that her friend can do better and so she proceeds to fix her up with someone who....well I won't tell you, I don't want to spoil it. I also really like the movie as well. My mom finds Emma frustrating, but I find her endearing. I think she, while a little misguided always means well and the story is romantic.


Well, back to the book. I enjoyed this modern day take on Emma. I liked how she developed the characters and it was neat to be able to get the point of view of all of the characters as opposed to just seeing what happened mostly from the main character's (in this case Amanda's) point of view.
~Next on my reading agenda~ Arabian Winds~ by Linda Chaikin