Pages

Monday, February 12, 2007


Daughter of Silk~ by Linda Lee Chaikin


"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen."

~ Matthew 28:19-20


In a country where being a protestant (Huguenot) was considered heresy, Rachelle Dushane-Macquinet, a member of a family renowned for producing fine silk and a Huguenot, works with her famous grandmother producing gowns for Princess Marguerite of France. As Rachelle finds herself serving within the royal court she comes to discover that there are rumors of a plot forming against the Huguenots headed by Catherine de Medici the queen mother and regent. Desiring to protect her family and those who share her faith Rachelle finds an ally in the handsome Marquis Fabian de Vendome. Will Rachelle be able to save herself and those she loves from death, or will she too fall victim to the Catherine de Medici's schemes?


Prior to reading this book I did not know much about what protestant Christians suffered in France. This book not only explains that but also speaks of the cruel mother Catherine de Medici and the things that she did to gain power. This book was very good and kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading it. The sequel to this book is Written on Silk and will be going on my to be ordered list.


Next on my reading agenda~ Amanda~by Debra White Smith