Pages

Saturday, February 03, 2007


Tangerine~by Marilynn Griffith


"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

~ John 14:3


Okay, I know I said that I was going to read Recipes and Wooden Spoons next, and I am reading it now, but the day after I posted my last entry Tangerine came in the mail. I was so excited to read this last book in the Shades of Style series that I dove right in.


This book is about Jean Guerra another designer at the Garments of Praise fashion house. She is the one that always seems together, so when she gets the opportunity to work on a line of men's suits with a designer from Reebok it is nothing she can't handle, or is it? When the designer walks through her door Jean is speechless. Her husband, which no one at Garments of Praise knows about, walks back into her life. Will they be able to come together and be a family once again, or will the past prove insurmountable?


This book was great. If you haven't read two other books in the Shades of Style series, Pink and Jade, you definitely should check them out too. After reading the stories of the other designers I was so curious to find out what Jean's story was and this did not disappoint. I love Marilynn story telling. I got so caught up in the book that I have been seriously putting of my midterm paper which I need to write, so I am off to do that.


Next on my reading agenda~ finishing Recipes and Wooden Spoons~ by Judy Baer