Pages

Sunday, October 08, 2006




Interior Motives~ by Ginny Aiken and The House That Love Built~ by Bateman, Downs, Sattler, and Warren

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both you and your descendents may live."
~Deuteronomy 30:19

Well, I new that October was going to be crazy, and I was not disappointed. AND IT IS ONLY THE FIRST WEEK !!! I started graduate school which I am doing through a distance program, and already the work has begun to pile, compounded by the fact that the book I am supposed to be reading is backordered and won't be here until Tuesday. I am hanging in there though. With all of the stuff going on I haven't had much time to post anything, hence the long absence, but that doesn't mean I haven't been reading. So here is what I have been up to....

Interior Motives was a great read. This book is a continuation (book 3) of the Deadly Decor mysteries series. This time Haley finds herself decorating the office of her therapist and friend Tedd (woman). While working there she gains a new client and a new mystery to solve. When Haley suspects foul play everyone thinks that she is being overly paranoid, however, she does have one ally in the form of her wacky older neighbor Bella who just received her...gasp...private investigator license. Anyway, the book was entertaining and a good mystery read.

I also read The House That Love Built. This book is a series of short stories about different women finding love and each story centers around a house that the woman in the first story built. The stories were cute, and I recommend them if you are busy and can only find time to read in short spurts. That was pretty much all the time that I had and this was a nice break.

Next on my reading agenda~ Calm, Cool, and Adjusted~ by Kristin Billerbeck

No comments: