Pages

Monday, September 25, 2006


Secrets~ by Kristen Heitzmann

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
~Psalms 23:4-6

This book tells the stories Rese Barrett and Lance Michelli. Rese buys and renovates an old villa, a job that she has proven she can do as well as any men. Renovating this house and turining it into an inn is a project she wants to accomplish alone.

Lance Michelli is searching for answers. After his grandmother falls ill she sends him on a journey to oncover something that she in her current state is unable to tell him. His search leads him to Rese's villa.

Despite their different reasons, their journeys lead them to the villa and to each other. As they attempt to reconcile the past they find themselves making choices that will deeply affect their future.

Finishing this book was due mostly to the awful cold I have right now. I was up all night last night unable to fall asleep, so I read most of it then. Illness aside, I enjoyed this book a lot. I had read the Diamond of Rockies series by Heitzmann and this story concerns the decendents of the characters I read about in that series. The book dealt with many issues that I won't go into because I don't want to spoil it. It was an entertaining and thought provoking read, that also had some good cooking in it.

Next on my reading agenda~ Interior Motives~ by Ginny Aiken

No comments: