Pages

Saturday, September 23, 2006


Altar Call~ by Hope Lyda

"Who among you fears the Lord? Who obeys the voice of his servant? Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon his God."
~Isaiah 50:10


Altar call is the sequel to Hip To Be Square. It continues to follow the story of Mari Hamilton and her friends as preparations for Sadie's upcoming wedding throws their world into chaos. Since their friend is about to take a life altering step it causes the rest of the women to examine their lives and relationships, or lack thereof. I thought the book was great it showed that just because things look okay or even ideal on the surface doesn't mean that it is the right thing for you. So I am going to keep it brief since I talked a lot in my last post. Bottom line I recommend the book, but I suggest you read the books in order, Hip To Be Square 1st and Altar Call 2nd.

Next on my reading agenda~ Secrets~ by Kristen Heitzmann

No comments: