Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2006





The Last Ten Percent~ by Michelle Mckinney Hammond

"Are not sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."

~Luke 12:6-7

That verse never ceases to comfort me, especially when I feel like no one understands or cares about what I am going through. To know that there is someone there who cares so much about me that they even know the number of hairs on my head (and I have a lot of hair :) is amazing.

Speaking of amazing, this book is definitely a must read. The story is about four women who are friends dealing with various life changing issues. One thing that I found interesting about the book was that two of the friends were chrisitan and two were not. So, not only was the story told from four different points of view, but there was also the perspective of people that were living as christians and people that weren't. This book will make you laugh, cry, and really think about not only God's role in your life but also your role in your friend's lives.

Next on my reading agenda~ Decorating Schemes~by Ginny Aiken; I might also sneak in some short stories depending on my mood, if I do they will be from The House that Love Built~ by Tracey Victoria Bateman, Susan Downs, Gail Sattler, and Susan May Warren






No comments: