Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2006


His Brother's Bride~ by Denise Hunter


"Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling."

~Psalms 2:11


I wasn't sure what book to read next so I thought I would give another of Denise Hunter's books a try since I enjoyed Finding Faith.


His Brother's Bride is a period novel about a woman named Emily who travels west as a mail order bride. She arrives with great hope for the future, but through a series of events her plans are thrown. Cade is single dad whose wife died five years ago. He needs a mother for his son, but is not willing to ever replace his late wife. With all the walls between them will they ever truly become a family?


This book was a nice quick read. It was romantic with an element of suspense as well.


Next on my reading agenda~ The Swan House~ by Elizabeth Musser