Pages

Monday, December 18, 2006


The Warrior~ Francine Rivers


"But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it."
~Numbers 14:24




First of all let me say THE SEMESTER IS OVER YEAH!!!!!!!! I now have two weeks of no graduate work :)

Okay onto the book. Francine Rivers has another series called the Sons of Encouragement. In this series she tells the stories of men from the bible who stood behind the great heroes of faith. Aaron the priest, Caleb the warrior, Jonathan the heir, Haggai the prophet, and Barnabus the disciple. I read the story of Caleb. The time where Israel was in the wilderness was always and interesting part to study. This book shed a different light on that time. Rivers tells the story from the view of a man that stayed true to God but also had the pain of watching his friends and relatives perish because of their unbelief. Then later in his life he watched as the new generation who were so on fire for God forget God's blessings and take their own path.

I highly recommend this book. Although this is a work of fiction, Francine Rivers tells the story in a way that truly helps you understand the people in the bible that she discusses.

Next on my reading agenda~ Freefall~ by Kristen Heitzmann

No comments: